ADVERTISEMENT

Watched this past weekends debacle a few times

BossHawk25

Warhawk Elite
Jun 24, 2017
First time I've seen us outmatched in every phase by a Sun Belt team. One particular position that concerns me was how poorly the offensive line played. One series they got push. One. Both our lines got manhandled. Did the weather have an effect? I think so but it shouldn't have to this extent. Our O-line appeared to be stuck in quicksand. Running backs had no running lanes. Receivers couldn't get separation and had the drops. This was also the case with TE's. Neither QB had any success. Often it appeared like App knew what play we were running. And on defense, up front we were thrown around like a rag doll. We also had guys that were freelancing and not playing their assignments, creating gaping holes for their RB's. We were exposed in the lack of speed at the safety position. The punting of Porter was a bright spot along with the play of Jordan Oliver and Keilos Swinney.
Scared as hell about the bye week. Sometimes after games like this you wanna get back out there to prove that it was a fluke. But we are really banged up. Miller has a high ankle sprain and B came out banged up. 5 games remaining and I don't know if Coach V has a read on this team. We have a lot of Sr's, but who are the true leaders. Got a lot of guys doing their own thing right now. Got to start rowing on the same cadence.
My 2 cents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News