ADVERTISEMENT

Warhawks v Hillbillies

Arrowhead97

Warhawk Elite
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2015
This should be a hell of a game. We still don’t totally know what we have this year. Losses to FSU, ISU, and Memphis left us with mixed results and we honestly should have beaten Texas St. much worse, but I do think because our legs were gone from
the short week. App has a heck of a team, but I think we can compete and I think we can put more points on them for sure than the UL-Laugh. Question is can our defense stop the Hillbillies.

Simple answer, no. Our defense had to work hard to keep Texas State under wraps. Now they have to stop App...no.

I thought our defense played their best game of the year against Texas St. We harassed their QB all night. Trust me though, I know App is a different animal.

TX States offense was really responsible for one TD. The other was a broken play where they got lucky and the wrong guy caught the ball and took it to the house. Our D line gave them hell, especially late. Offense has to step up this week though, the defense won’t be able to hold App to less than 35.

Edit: I also nailed the last two predictions, but I’m not sure how to feel about this game yet.

Will be a close game, in my opinion. We match-up well against App. State.

ULM 23
App. State 21

Yeah, the one broken play involved one of the DBs tripping another in coverage and that's what sprung the TXST WR free for the long run after the catch. Early in the game we gave up a lot on the ground but it seems like we were able to tamp that down as the game went on. I was also drinking in the stadium so, my analysis may not be too clear.

This one had the makings of a good football game, at least at the beginning. Your offense came out firing and took it right at us to go up 7-0. We responded with two TDs to go up 14-7 but then you came back and had what looked to be a nice drive going on your third possession. Then you fumbled and we had a long return of that fumble which set us up to go ahead 21-7. That TD seemed to take all of the sap out of ULM. It was all over but the crying. You guys look like a team that has the potential to be pretty good but the consistency just isn't there yet. You certainly showed that you are capable when you took Flurduh State to OT. Good luck the rest of the way.

This one had the makings of a good football game, at least at the beginning. Your offense came out firing and took it right at us to go up 7-0. We responded with two TDs to go up 14-7 but then you came back and had what looked to be a nice drive going on your third possession. Then you fumbled and we had a long return of that fumble which set us up to go ahead 21-7. That TD seemed to take all of the sap out of ULM. It was all over but the crying. You guys look like a team that has the potential to be pretty good but the consistency just isn't there yet. You certainly showed that you are capable when you took Flurduh State to OT. Good luck the rest of the way.

Same to you guys. I agree, that fumble was the turning point. I can’t be mad at Josh Johnson for it though, it’s not really an issue he’s had before. Just one of those things that can happen when you’re battling.

What position do you play?

Reactions: OUChainsawMassacre
I
TL;DR

LOL

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT