ADVERTISEMENT

How short of a leash?

injunjohn

Warhawk Elite
Gold Member
Apr 17, 2014
I waited a few days to post as I was pretty well ticked off by that lack of performance, especially in the first half of the game.

My question is, how short of a leash does the coaching staff put on Evans? We are at the point now that the next 2 games are must win games because the last 3 are going to be very tough. If the Evans that played against ULL and Tx St shows up, there are no issues. If the Evans that played first half of Memphis, USM and Ga State shows up, I think you got to pull him and do it pretty quick. Can't expect Smith to come off the bench and get you 21 plus points in 22 minutes every time.

I am not saying this to take shots at Evans because I think he can be great. But he showed last year and he has shown it this year, when the defense steps up to be a bit better he struggles. It isn't as if this was a world class defense but we only had 161 yards of total offense with just under 7 minutes left in the 3rd and 271 after that. Part of it was having to throw but it was the same offense that was trying to throw early in the game.

USA is a better team than Ga State and they are playing at home. I hope Evans, and the rest of the team, gets their heads right and decides to actually play football. I think this game is much more important for next year than this one. One of these 2 QBs are leaving, along with Collins. We have seen what Smith can do. What concerns me is we have seen Evans not perform with better competition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News